Vice President Human Resources-Hospitality
- - Under Canvas Group
- Full Time
Vice President of Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Date Created November 5th, 2018
Under Canvas, the largest Glamping company in the United States, is looking for a Vice President of Human Resources to join our growing team. We believe that being outdoors inspires, connects, invigorates and restores people. We believe unique experiences enrich lives and strengthen relationships. We believe providing opportunities to immerse in nature fosters environmental consciousness. We believe in preserving natural beauty, and therefore take a minimalist approach to development and use of resources. We believe experiencing the outdoors doesn't always have to mean "roughing it". We believe that nature is the best architect, family and friends are the best entertainment, and that a piece of every soul is hidden somewhere outside. As a key member of our corporate leadership team, this position will play an integral role in realizing that mission.
The VP of human resources is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Under Canvas, the ethical and social consciences of business and society, and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations.
The incumbent will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry.
1. Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's human resource function and performance.
2. Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
3. Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
4. Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
5. Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
6. Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
7. Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
8. Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
9. Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
10.Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
11.Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
12.Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
13.Coordinates the activities, programs and strategic HR plans of other HR departments throughout the corporation.
14.Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
15.Manages other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
16.Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
17.Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
18.Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
1. Recruiting/Retention strategies.
4. Critical Evaluation.
5. Ethical Practice.
6. Cultural Awareness.
7. HR Expertise.
8. Leadership & Navigation.
9. Relationship Management.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work will be necessary frequently.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Masters' degree or equivalent; or 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. SHRM-SCP certification or ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
All applications should be completed through the careers page at www.undercanvas.com. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact everyone.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media