Come COOK with Under Canvas!
- - Operations
- $12+ DOE
Under Canvas, the nations leading glamping company, with 8 locations across the US, is looking for Kitchen rockstars to join our BOH. This is an amazing opprotunity to live and work in some of the most beautiful parts of our country and potentially travel from camp to camp.
HIRING FOR 2019 LOCATIONS IN: ZION, WEST YELLOWSTONE, MT. RUSHMORE, GRAND CANYON, SMOKY MOUNTAINS
Reports to: Kitchen Supervisor, AGM, and/or GM
Pay: $12+ DOE
We are looking for an experienced and hardworking cook to join our team. Our cooks are responsible for preparing and cooking all menu items; ensuring the ingredients are fresh, that the work area is clean, and that the necessary equipment is readily available.
You will need to be detail-oriented, teamwork driven and able to thrive in the fast-paced environment of our kitchen.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using a smoker, oven, grill, flat top, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes.
· Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
· Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality
· Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
· Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
· Prepares item for smoking, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods
· Allows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
· Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
· Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, smoker, fryers, burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
· Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
· Follows food saftey standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
· Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
· Be willing and able to help in any other restaurant capacity including; taking orders, expediting food, serving food, and washing dishes.
· Communicate with all team members to ensure a friendly, safe, clean, and efficient working environment.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
· State approved ServSafe or Food Handlers Card
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
· Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
Under Canvas provides employee housing, visit www.undercanvas.com toapply and see pictures of our magnificent locations all over the country.