Manufacturing Director-Under Canvas
- - UC Development
- Full Time
- medical, dental, vision, 15 days PTO, 7 paid holidays, generous employee discounts, paid travel
Reports to: Chief Design Officer (Founder)
The director of manufacturing operations position oversees management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. The Manufacturing director will also oversee production and manage relationships with vendors who supplement in house manufacturing. Uniquely, this is an opportunity to build a manufacturing process from scratch for in house use only (no customers). Simple products will be first, such as wood shop and precast concrete followed by those which require more equipment.
- Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Maintain a positive work environment by role modeling, and hiring positive workers
- Work efficiently largely unsupervised
- Actively look for processes that can be improved rather than waiting for direction
- travel to vendors
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer
- Experience in wood shop preferred
- Experience in textiles, metal fabrication, precast concrete, wood mill a bonus
- This position is located in Bozeman, MT.
Please visit www.undercanvas.com to apply. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact all who apply, we appreciate your understanding.